Friday, January 9, 2009

PLANET IN PERIL Documentary

I strongly recommend everybody to watch the CNN documentary, PLANET IN PERIL. It is a series of research reports done on serious global issues that have been neglected and ignored by the public. Most of the topics discussed are either out of sight, or out of contact. People should definitely know about what's going on around us, on this planet.

Of course, this may sound like a cliche, but we have done way too much damage to our planet. This documentary will definitely make you re-think, re-connect, and re-evaluate our impact, both as individuals, and as a collective.

The segment on Shark-finning put me in deep shock, for a really long time. Being born in Taiwan, I could not believe my home country would participate or even take up such a major role in something this brutal, unethical, and cold. Sure, I understand economic pressure, cultural tradition, consumer demands and political survival, but this still makes me sad. We have no right, absolutely no right to do what we do. Some people argue that this is all part of the global foo chain. I really doubt that mass massacre simply for the benefit of ingestive pleasure can be considered as necessary.

I hope anyone that has come across this blog, can just spend a couple minutes of their time, to understand this cause, and my intent. You can google, use wiki to read about what is shark-finning.

To visit the CNN Planet in Peril segment on Shark Finning, please click HERE.




No comments:

Post a Comment