Thursday, January 22, 2009

"The Most Effetive Method"

I think sometimes during the process of solving a design problem, we tend to lose sight of our intention, due to our tendency of holding on specific design approach, direction, or medium.
Initially, my ultimate goal of this project was to promote awareness and to educate as much as possible. However, I lost sight of that, because I was holding onto the idea of using 'exhibition design' to communicate my theme.

During Our sub-group discussion on Thursday, I re-evaluate my chosen method by questioning the main concern: How can I bring the issue to the table? To the target population?

Exhibition design may be grand, ambitious, or exciting. However, this may not be appropriate to apply to my design theme. I want to address the issue by educating the younger generations. More specifically, children in their elementary age. They have a higher capacity to adapt change, take in new information. The idea is that, the design solution will allow them to learn through interaction. The more significant impact comes after that, which is allowing the children to influence the adults around them. :)

So I guess, something more applicable and appropriate, would be to come up with a design solution, that's interactive and engaging for children to play with. Maybe something they can use in a class setting?

Collaboration with organizations or educational systems may be helpful in getting co-creators.
(elementary school, Science World, SUCCESS, Wild animal related organization campaign activities, etc.)


No comments:

Post a Comment